Internet and information technology support for embassies and diplomats in Morocco
How does MTDS keep diplomats connected, safe, and working?
- Even before the arrival of the Covid-19 pandemic this year, networks were already straining under the demand of bandwidth hungry streaming services like Netflix and YouTube.
- With the arrival of the pandemic, confinement, work from home (WFH) and distance learning, the demand for reliable connectivity has exploded.
- We will help you choose the best solution for you, your Embassy, and your Home Office. Fiber optic, ADSL, 4G, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, and VSAT (5G coming soon) are all available in Morocco and MTDS will help you mix and match to fit your needs.
- We calculate your average daily usage and make sure that your connectivity products are in-line with your needs. A modern household with two working adults and two children and Netflix can use more than 20Gb/day.
- We recommend a second or third connection and bundle them together transparently for increased speed and redundancy while being transparent to the end-user. We can suggest an MTDS Internet “On the Go” solution that you can take on the road and provide Wi-Fi for the whole team/family anywhere in Morocco.
- We review your Wi-Fi network and make sure that every corner of your workspaces are well served wirelessly both inside and outside, upstairs and downstairs.
- We review the electrical supply to your networks. Many outages occur due to simple electrical failures. Poor cabling, exposed wires, lack of grounding, bad extension cords to name just a few. We recommend Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) usage to protect your valuable network and devices.
- We will review your network security. Home networks need to be protected at the same level as office networks. Working from home cuts out the on-premise security put in place by your Embassy such as firewalls, VPNs, Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware… etc.
What about service?
What happens if somothing stops working or my needs change?
- Has everyone been home at the same time and tried working at the same time? Most home networks were not designed to be used as they are being used now during the pandemic. Do you have enough Internet? Enough Wi-Fi? Are all the spaces at your home/office covered?
- How many hours of downtime can you afford? If your connection to your Home Office went down, how long are you able to wait for a return of service? Currently a Maroc Telecom ADSL connection has a minimum 3 to 5 day repair delay. MTDS solutions all include a backup so that you can keep working while repairs are made.
- Are you secure? Does everyone have your Wi-Fi password? Are you protected from viruses and malware? What about protecting young eyes and ears from inappropriate content? Are you able to securely connect from home to your Embassy servers?
What if I am already connected at home and everything is fine?
- MTDS will provide you and your Embassy with a dedicated support team. These people will know you and your network and you in turn will know them. All MTDS employees have regular background checks available upon request.
- We monitor your connectivity 24/7 to prepare for eventual outages and guarantee less than one-hour intervention time.
- MTDS solutions are designed with redundancy to keep you up and running. A backup connection is a minimum to keep you working when things inevitably go wrong.
- With over 25 years of experience in Morocco and a team of 30+ engineers in Rabat, we can help you configure your iPhone or build a new Embassy and anything and everything in between.
Okay, I am interested, what next?
- Write to [email protected] to arrange a free “site survey” and “needs assessment”.
- MTDS provides 24/7 monitoring and support for the services.
- A team of engineers and technicians to help create the perfect plan for you, taking into account your structure or dealing with your IT team in or out of Morocco.
- You can also call our offices between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday and from 10am to 2pm Saturday.